Welcome to my new Scottish politics blog! I've never blogged before, but it's time to scratch that itch. Will anyone take any notice? We'll see....
I thought I'd kick off with my top 10 political predictions for 2010.
1. David Cameron becomes PM after Labour are annihilated in England. Majority of 29.
2. Labour win the popular vote in Scotland, but an inevitably-marginalised SNP do better than expected with 13 seats.
3. The Conservatives double their Scottish representation with 2 seats and instal Lord McLetchie as their colonial governor.
4. The increasingly pointless LibDems are squeezed north and south of the border, with resultant pressure on Clegg and Tavish.
5. Expenses fallout claims the egregious Eric Joyce MP, with the SNP as beneficiary.
6. Cameron introduces Calman-lite, with no meaningful power being transferred, under advice from Lord Forsyth
7. Brown is replaced by Harman, with none of the young guns being willing to be leader at the start of an inevitable 8-12 year spell in the wilderness.
8. A Labour MSP crosses the floor to join the the SNP.
9. The primary Scottish political issue becomes, once more, democratic deficit and the Labour party get on the devo-max bandwagon thus ensuring a Holyrood majority in favour of it.
10. A record number of Scots decline to pay television tax in response to the BBC's increasingly hysterical pro-union bias.
R of S